Mindful drinking increases awareness and avoids crashing the plane. How? By being aware of why and how much you drink. It’s like keeping score. Mike tells us his score is something like “Drinks: 7353 vs Mike: 0” But admittedly you don’t have to get to the point where you lose everything or hit rock bottom and pay the ultimate consequences to pay attention to drinking.
In this episode you’ll learn mindful drinking is:
- Pausing and evaluating each drink.
- Making a drinking or alternative game plan.
- Ordering first because it’s easy to order a beer, but if someone before you orders a shot, it’s hard to NOT order a shot.
- Rehearsing what you’re going to say and saying it out loud until you are comfortable with it.
- If you have a drink, don’t pound them, savor one.
If you know someone who needs to hear this episode, share it with them!
Want more clinical information about Mindful Drinking?
Visit Care Addiction Center’s Resources For Recovery Blog:
For more about this podcast:
Visit Sober.Coffee website: https://www.sober.coffee
Sober.Coffee on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sober.coffeepodcast/
Recorded at Audiohive Podcasting: https://www.audiohivepodcasting.com
In collaboration with Care Addiction Center: https://www.careaddiction.com